Friday, June 8, 2012

Travels and Fabrics

Well, it went like this:  I was taking the "On a Whim" queen size quilt to give to my sis in Davis CA.  

This one:


So, I figured I could replace at least its weight and volume in fabric...

and promptly went on a little oredering spree, the resuts of which kept arriving at my sister's place prior to my landing there late May.





Before this, a great time was had by all, as shown in the slideshow...

On a Whim went along for the ride, safely in the suitcase, under the bed in the cruise ship and in the luggage hold of the tour bus...  till it was safely delivered!  It was promptly placed on the guest bed and we enjoyed its warmth during our little stay.

Back home now, and so much fun to unpack all the goodies, and plan enough projects for the next year or 2. 

A little bit of Alaska, not sure where it will end up:
Some Kona and charm packs:
Fat Quarters from the Blue Eden range by Benartex, for maybe a Swoon quilt...
Some Happy Mochi Yum Yum:


and some bits and pieces for the Farmer's Wife, from the quilt shops of Davis...


 As well as some gorgeous Carpenter's Wheel blocks from my Always Bee Learning Bee,

for the next post!







No comments: