Friday, April 20, 2012

Clearing UFO's Part 1: Scrapbuster Quilt

Amongst my easier NY2012  resolutions, were
  • attacking Unfinished Objects, some as old as 20 years, that have followed me through every house move, and
  • to sew exclusively from my stash...  well, a pending trip to the US has ruined that good intention, and various packages are on their way to my sister's home!
Back to the UFO's:  when I first started on my online quilting Bee binge, my first Bee was the ScrapBuster Bee on Flickr.  I made about a dozen "scrappy depression blocks", sent them in and got back a dozen wonderfully bright blocks, that were promptly relegated to the cupboard.


Then came the NY resolution,   The blocks were hauled out, I made another 12 blocks, all from the stash!!!  And here is the result:


This quilt top, along with this backing, will be sent to the lovely Suzanne of SewGenerous, to be made up as a lap size quilt for one of the children at the Oncology Unit of Sydney's Westmead Children's Hospital.


Woohoo, one UFO down, lots more to go!





1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thank you so much - I have received your parcel and can't wait to get started on the quilting. This will certainly make someone smile when they receive it. Thanks again, Suzanne.