Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Farmer's Wife sampler Quilt: Blocks 17 to 24

Well, busy busy days!  before the week-end, 4 blocks:

Clockwise from top LHS:

20:  Churn Dash, not that pale IRL, the flash washed it out a bit...  I left it too late in the day to take pics.



18:  Century of Progress:  happy with colours, but he needs a good stretch...


17:  Cats and Mice, like this one!


19: Chequerboard...  just how far is that Ruby charm pack going to go?







So... I celebrated 20 by taking a group pic:

...  still not feeling the love for the Buckwheat (the middle bottom row one).

Took a little break...  picked up the Rainbow "On a Whim" from Pam the Quilt Guru...  so happy with it (pics coming when he is all bound and finished).

Decided to finish the lap size quilt from one of my first Bees, the Scrapbuster Bee.  This one will go to Sew Generous , an online Charity Quilting Bee who makes quilts for the very special children at the Oncology Unit of the Westmead Children's Hospital in Sydney.  So the extra blocks I am making will be very bright!

Went to buy some more sewing machine light bulbs (blew one in less than 1 day...), and of course, more for the stash....  like the birds, they might look good as a block centre!

mmmm....  I am on a bit of a blue/turquoise/aqua binge, arent I?

So, with some of the new fabric,  4 more blocks were added to the tally:

24:  Country Paths... this one took me nearly all day!

23:  Country Farm, happy with the way the Ruby in the centre looks a bit 3D

21:  Contrary Wife

22:  Corn and Beans...  yeay, no Ruby in this one!


Well, I think I am FW'd out...  that Block 24 did me in and I need a break!!!

Quick, find another hat and try to install the 4 stained glass panels I have been making for the last 18 months, for the double front doors at "The Farm".

But that's another story...  a very long one!

No comments: